The Skating Dead OST


 Back in early 1989 I got hands on a fanzine called Gory (something), and in there was an advert for a soon to be made amateur-production called "The Skating Dead" with the plea to everybody to participate. I liked the idea of writing a soundtrack, after all these were mainly the things I tried to record as  I did not have much confidence in my voice and my skills as guitar player.

This was recorded again with my first setup:

Casio SK-5

Casio CZ-1

Roland MT-32

I recorded and collected stuff for the movie soundtrack and made a cassette. That was the first time, I presented my stuff to anybody. Never received a reply. And even in the depth of the internet, neither that fanzine, nor "The Skating Dead" can be found, so you have to trust me on this.

The artwork depicted in the advert were zombies in skateboard parcours. Well, obviously. I tried to recreate it  out of memory. 

The Soundtrack is available on Bandcamp.  It contains 6 instrumentals. Some of them emerged later into full songs. 

I updated the cover to a more contemporary design using a drawing for another project I did in 1994.






Comments