Come, Morgoroth


 

So this was the first song to record with Sascha Lecher, who would become the guitar player for me, and - for a long time - a dear friend. With "The Crimson Dance E.P." getting recognition in "the scene" and "Easy" Ettler, publisher of the influential Zillo magazine taking notice of CREAM8, I got the opportunity to record demo-tracks with The House of Usher. More on that later. 

It might not look like it today, but "The Crimon Dance E.P." was the brick wall at the end of a dead-end street. I had decided to quit making music as an artist alltogether as it carved too many ressources out of my life that I dearly needed: money and time.  The idea was to become part of a band and shed the responsibilites. But I did want to go out in style and so I manifested the 7", basically with the last money I had.

"Come Morgoroth" was the song to describe this feeling. The bitter end looming over one's artistic life, recognizing that I had sold my soul to the music for a long time and basically I was left with nothing, nothing at all, even a plan. So this has a very nihilistic feel to it. The first version was never published, so I let the AI run over it and liked the result.

I had met Sascha while auditioning for the band he was playing in called "Les Naises Percees". They did not want me (see above). So when Jörg Kleudgen's offer to record a demo at their studio reached me I thought of him and gave him a call if he would like to join me there. With that the song changed a lot and with a versatile guitarist (instead of me) at hand the sonic possibilities multiplied. And as fate bound us together, sometimes we were the only people we could actually speak to.

The demo of "Come Morgoroth" was sent to the Zillo Magazine and got mentioned there, creating some kind of mini-hype for the band. And this song still for me is the nukleus of CREAMVIII and the center of a complete work of art: I wrote a short-story about it, there are two versions of the song, and the cover of The Emerald Touch actually is the vision for the song. 

  

Lyrics and Music by Boris Brosowski (c) 1994 and 2024

So Morgoroth
Cast your shadow over this child of mine
So Morgoroth
I want his face to bleed like mine
So Morgoroth
And when you'll stop dreaming of the fall
So Morgoroth
Once we'll all -- fall
 
Hear Morgoroth
Whisper truths that twist and wind
Hear Morgoroth
In his gaze, our fates entwined
Hear Morgoroth
Let your darkness seep and call
Hear Morgoroth
Let our spirits rise and stall
Feel Morgoroth
In the night, we heed your call
Feel Morgoroth
Bind us with your ethereal thrall




Comments